Thursday, August 16, 2012

Wow! I can't even think of a title for this entry. It has been such a long time since I have even tried to keep up with my blog. I don't have a lot of time, so this will most likely be an odd, random post.

We have decided to begin homeschooling again this next year, and I am very excited. Allen and Michael (Grades 10 and 7) are going to be doing the k12 program. They are both very excited to do their schooling on the computer. Makenzie and Morgan will be doing many of the same programs we did last time we homeschooled. Larry will be running interference. I'm excited and a little nervous. It definitely feels like the right decision for us.

Larry is 15 months old today.  Yesterday, we went and got him his first haircut.  I had a tough time deciding to do it.  I knew he wouldn't look like a baby anymore, and I will never have a baby again.  I'm stressing way too much, but oh well.
Before


After

  My sister does an amazing job.  It is so very nice to have someone who has the skills to cut hair, and is willing to work with my kids.  Before we moved close to family, I would dread getting my kids hair cut.  I had many stylists threaten me and my kids.  With their sensory issues, it is next to impossible for them to sit still.  Thanks sis!

We have had a productive, busy summer.  My kids can all ride bikes now (Larry rides on his bike seat on my bike  :)  We spent an entire month going to the pool every day, and my kids can swim reasonably well.  We did tutorials on all the different house jobs that I wanted my kids to help out with, and my house is much cleaner now.  I stole some ideas from my sister about how to organize our job charts, and things are going well.  Now, if only I could find a way to motivate them to do their jobs quickly and not dawdle so much.

3 comments:

Kell said...

Awwww!! I love Larry's haircut. He looks so cute!! I totally know what you mean about not having a baby anymore.

Linds said...

Isn't it crazy what a little haircut can do? I'm excited to hear about your homeschooling adventures. I've often thought of going that route.

Red said...

Linds, you should try it. I think you would be a great homeschooling mom!