Sunday, September 9, 2012

This week has been full of school, school and more school.  We have had some very long days this week. 

We have had a few successes- Morgan finished his Family History book.  He is writing better, and somedays, he whines a little less. 

Makenzie is passing off her multiplication facts, and she is becoming more confident at math.  Her math lessons take quite a long time, but she is able to do the difficult problems that our curriculum presents.  She is having lots of fun studying science with her dad.  She can play a G chord on the guitar, and accompanies us when we sing "This Land is Your Land."

Michael has had fun with his science lessons.  He got to do a fun lab this week with boiling water, and air pressure.  He is getting better and better at language arts, and he is finally starting to figure out what he needs to do to get his work done on schedule.

Allen has figured out how to get his work done is the fastest, most effecient way possible.  He does a great job of keeping track of all the stuff he needs to do.  He has an image design class, and he is working on his first project for it this week.  He wrote a poem for us this Monday when he was supposed to be getting his jobs done.  He called it "It takes an hour to do my jobs".

It takes 10 minutes for mom to explain,
And then 5 minutes for me to complain.
20 minutes spent trying to stall.
15 minutes to get started at all.
19 minutes playing around with the broom.
And then just 1 minute for cleaning my room.

Reminds me of the Mary Poppins quote, "Well begun is half done." 


Larry is now walking more than he is crawling.  He seems to learn new words every day, and communicates well through sign language and his speech.  My two new favorite words this week are chicken and bubbles.  Unfortunately, he can now ask for all kinds of things he can't have.



I had the chance to help out with a project at church, and I got go practice my photoshopping skills.  It was fun, and I learned quite a lot.  I've also started running with a friend in the neighborhood.  I don't think I am running enough to loose much weight, but hopefully, I will be able to maintain the weight I have lost, and someday, I will figure out a way to jump start my weight loss again.

We have learned many things this week.  We have learned that we need to wake up on time, and get started on time if we want things to run smoothly.  I have also learned that I need to have a camera handy and ready if I am going to capture any of the fun things we get done each day.  We have not learned how to get jobs and schoolwork done on the same day.  This week was still incredibly stressful, but it did go more smoothly than the week before.  Hopefully, we can learn even more this week.  I don't think this will ever be easy, but it is fun and fulfilling. (and challenging and exhausting).

1 comment:

C said...

Hang in there, and know you are doing a great job!