Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's getting close

Last night, my sister-in-law threw a baby shower for our little guy.  All but one of my sister's were able to come, and an aunt, a cousin, and several members from my ward showed up.  My mom and sister came over to help me clean up the house before hand, and it was a very nice night.  A couple of months before we found out we were pregnant, we finally decided to get rid of all of our baby stuff.  Many people have donated their baby stuff that they no longer need, and we got a bunch of cute clothes last night at the shower.  We are pretty close to set.  It still feels very unreal that in a month, we will have a new little boy to hold and cuddle.

Hubby took the kids out to eat during the shower, and they got back a few minutes before it ended.  I had them all come in to the living room to show them the cute clothes and things we got for the baby.  After we had checked everything out, I sent the kids to get their pajamas on.  Allen continued to sit on the floor, and look through the piles of clothes.  And then, he said, "If this one dies, I'll be pissed!"  It took a minute for me to realize exactly what he was talking about.  Allen never talks about the babies we have lost.  My heart broke as I realized that he has been as anxious about this baby as I have been.  Because he keeps so quiet about it, I forget that he needs to be reassured and comforted.  I told him that I would be upset too, but that the chances that this baby will be fine are very high.  I'm excited to see my kids have a little brother again.

2 comments:

Linds said...

Shoot. My Mom just told me that we were invited to your shower just today :( Oops. I have something I'd like to send you. I'll find a way to get it to you.

So sweet that Allen has such a tender heart. I'm thrilled for your little one to join your family.

Anonymous said...

Awww. Your post made me cry. Poor Allen. He's such a good kid.

Sorry I couldn't come down for the shower. It's times like that that make me want to live closer. Actually they make me wish you guys lived closer.