Friday, May 20, 2011

He is here!

I have wonderful plans to have this amazing photoshoot with my new little baby, and then I will put together this blog that is worthy of my new baby, but reality is starting to set in.  I am lucky to have a few minutes to jump on the computer and throw something together.

Our little boy was born on Monday a little before 3.  I did end up being induced, and things went well for the most part.  I really hate needles, and especially IV's.  I definitely felt like a pincushion by the time I left the hospital.  My IV went in with minimal fishing.  My epidural originally only took on one side, and so they pumped me full of the medicine.  By the time the baby got here, I was extremely numb.  I had a harder time pushing this little guy out than I have with my other kids.  I thought that it was because I was so numb, but no.  I had a tough time because he was 10 pounds 14.3 oz!!

His apgar scores were decent (I think his 5 minute score was a 7) but he was really floppy.  He ended up in the NICU.  I was very concerned because Morgan ended up in the NICU for a week after struggling after birth.  Our little guy had low blood sugar because he was so big, and so the NICU gave him several bottles of formula to get his blood sugar up.  He was very sleepy, and not very interested in nursing for a while because of that.  I ended up pumping for most of the time I was in the hospital, and then we would force the little bit of colostrum I got down his throat with a syringe.  Nursing took a little bit of time to get down, but everything is finally starting to click.

For those of you who know me in real life, you know that the names that I use on my blog are not my kids real names.  Hubby and I have been trying to come up with an online name for our little guy, and we have decided to call him Larry.

The kids are so excited.  They rush through their homework and jobs in order to hold their new brother.  It has been so much fun to see them be responsible with him.  They are so much older than they were the last time we had a baby.  We have had a very busy schedule this week, and it has been very challenging trying to be a mom to my oldest four, and a mother of a newborn.  I am looking forward to getting done with the school year, and then just taking it easy for the summer.

I am sure that this blog is just a random jumble of thoughts, but that is about all the brain power I have today.  I just thought I would take a moment to update you all on our big news.









2 comments:

Irene said...

Your little "Larry" is adorable, can't wait to meet him. I was shocked to hear how huge he was, way to go getting that guy out!

Anonymous said...

He is SO cute!! I'm so glad I got to meet him.