Monday, January 11, 2010

Poor Morgan


Last night was one of those nights you dread having as a mother. I got to bed late, and then couldn't get to sleep because of all the stuff running through my head. I finally got to sleep about 11:30. Morgan got sick at about midnight. My husband was up with him for the first few episodes, and then, because hubby needs to go to work, it was my turn. Morgan kept me up until about 2, and then we both got 3 hours of sleep, and then started again. About an hour before hubby was supposed to leave for work, he also got hit with it. I got up, and tried to take care of a sick Morgan, and still get the kids ready for school on time.
Last night, as I was laying in bed at 2, trying to go to sleep, I kept having quotes run through my mind.
"Motherhood is so much harder, but so much better than I ever thought it would be." A sweet mother in my ward.
My sister-in-law to her husband: "I love you more than food, but not as much as sleep."
My mom: "I would give up my life for sleep."

Sleep is one thing I can't do without. I go to great lengths to get enough sleep because I know I can't function without it. Although it is not fun trying to function today on very little sleep, it feels good to know that there are people in my life that I will sacrifice one of my favorite things for. I love being a mom, and I think the tough times help me realize just how great it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! Poor Morgan!! Your post looks great. Either you got it working, or it always was and you couldn't see it. I'm sorry that you have to deal with sickies today. Your such a good mom. And I LOVE your new blog look.

Red said...

Thanks Kell. I never did get it to look the way I wanted it to, but I'm giving up on perfection. I debated about the blog background, but this one is growing on me. I thought it was much too bright at first, but it is definitely something I believe in.